Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Coping With COPD

Inspiring story of coping with COPD.

My husband was diagnosed with a 9.2 cm abdominal aneuyrism. He was taken to the hospital by ambulance. Before he got to the operating room it had burst. His blood pressure dropped to 35. The doctor did wonders along with the law of attraction. The doctor gave my husband a 5% chance of making it through the night. I looked at the doctor and said 5% is better than 2% and I'll take the 5%. The doctor didn't know my husband's medical history, so COPD was an issue. The doctor said that there were going to be issues of kidney failure, paraplegia, and 100 other things that could go wrong. I stayed with my husband for 2 days and 3 nights before I went home to shower and tend to chores. Every day I drove 100 miles round trip to see him. He had anxiety attacks, hallucinations, new surgery technics from CA, etc. And all the while I didn't have one single doubt that he was going to make it. On May 15th I got to bring him home. The one thing that he did lose, at this time, is the sight out of his right eye. Nothing more.

 But with the law of attraction that is going to come back. I have faith. We still travel 100 miles round-trip to wound care three times a week, as he still has a hole in his chest about the size of the palm of my hand and they are working to get that closed. The bills are high, but our spirits are higher. His paycheck is still coming in and will continue, so we have no problem with our finances even though I had to leave my job to stay at home with him. He is a living miracle!!! To be given a 5% chance of making it through a night on that day to being home sitting on the deck three months later is a miracle. We still have a journey ahead of us, but it is one worth taking and sharing with my husband. God Bless!!!

No comments:

Welcome!

I Love You 1,000,000,000,000 is where we love daily, celebrate daily and learn to forgive daily. Everyday is a birthday celebration because each day we wake up to is a blessing! With D' Family Dynamics, there are Stories and Short Quips From D' Family Members as narrated by this grasshopper, who hops from place to place, stays where there is activity. It goes here and there.. travel with it and read the quips, anecdotes, jokes & events in D'Uzbourne Family and wait where it may all be leading to. Love,Love,Love!


Sign up 

for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.